Friday 28 July 2017

I Can “C” Clearly Now – 3 Secrets That Will Help Grow Your Business

Lalmch / Pixabay


I want to start this blog with a little bit of an attitude of gratitude. Now when I started this blog six years ago I had a decent readership. When I started my podcast over two and a half years ago, my first month I got 100 listeners and I was blown away. It’s like totally cool. Okay, so I got 100 people to listen to it. Then slowly it started inching up and got to 1,000, and then started inching up a little bit more. Finally, it got to a point where it doubled. All of a sudden, it just doubled and got to 2,000. Then after a couple of months, it doubled again and went to close to 4,000. Over the last couple of months it’s doubled again. That tells me that you guys are listening, you’re commenting, you’re liking, and you’re sharing. I just want to say I appreciate you and all the things you’re doing. If you haven’t yet, give us a review on iTunes, keep sharing, keep posting, keep liking. You’re helping me get the word out to a bunch of people about some awesome stuff, and my awesome guests. I just want to say I appreciate you and all that help.


Today what we’re going to talk about is something I call the three C’s. So the title today is I Can “C” Clearly Now. Three secrets that will help you grow your business. Alright, so what are those three C’s?


Content


Well, the first one is content. I’m a firm believer in generating your own content. Yes you can share other people’s stuff, but if you want to be the expert, if you want to be seen as somebody that’s going to stand out from the crowd, then you have to create your own content. For me, that’s this blog, my podcast, videos, etc. It can be whatever it is that you want to do, but if you want to get your business seen out there, you’ve got to spend the time to generate some original content. That’s one of the secrets of the Bacon System; I talk about having that content, making it measurable by being able to check Google Analytics, and then driving people back to your website, which is where all the fun happens. That’s where the connections happen, where you can add people to your email list, maybe generate business. It may or may not be the right time, but you never know. The bottom line is, if you follow that system, you’re going to see some great results. How do I know? Because I’ve taught it to a lot of people, and they’ve seen great results, and I do it for myself. Part of the way I’ve been able to grow my blog and podcast is by sharing to all my social media, and that is my content.


Consistency


The second C of this is consistency. As I said, I’ve been doing this podcast for two and a half years. It started out with a 100. A lot of people would say okay I got 100, I got 300, I plateaued at 600, and it’s not getting me any business, I give up. Let me tell you a quick story. I was giving a speech at a Vistage event. Now Vistage is a high-level mastermind where people pay $12,000 or more a year to be involved in it. There are other high-level masterminds where people pay $24,000, $50,000, just incredible amounts of money. So I was a guest speaker, and I was talking about Linked In. This was two and a half years ago, right around when I started doing my podcast. One of the people in the room got on my email list. Since then, she’s been reading my blogs, listening to the podcast, and then finally out of the blue I get an email from this person. It said, “Hey. I saw you at Vistage. Loved what you had to say. I’d love to have a conversation because now I think it’s time to get started on my own marketing messages.”


So we had that conversation, and guess what, she signed up as a coaching clients. Now I’ve got a client that after two and a half years finally figured out now is the time to do what it is that I was teaching. That consistency, that commitment to consistency, has paid off. I know a lot of people that try a little bit of this, and try a little bit of that, and then all of a sudden they just drop off the face of the Earth. Why? Because they’re not seeing the results. Do you have the patience to wait six months, nine months, a year, two and a half years, to see results from what you’re doing? I certainly was not one of those people, but I’ve learned that I have to be because it pays off. Now this did not happen just once. This has happened a few times over the last couple of months, and it’s happened even more in various different ways. Maybe I didn’t give a speech, but maybe it was a referral that somebody was paying attention to all the stuff I was doing, and said, hey check out Brian, contact him.


It’s taken a long time to develop that base. The consistency of continuing to do it every single week. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Monday, podcast. Tuesday, blog. Wednesday, expert interview. Thursday, email marketing. Every single week I do the same thing. That consistency has paid off. The people that I’ve taught how to do this have seen the same results. Consistency in creating content is incredibly important.


Help (Coach, Contractor or Consultant)


Now the third C has multiple C’s. It actually should start out with an “H”, which stands for help. We all need help to do this. You know I don’t do it all on my own. I have virtual assistants that edit my blog, that create my emails. Now I love audio editing, so I have no problem doing my own podcast. This is something that is in my wheelhouse, and I love to do, so I don’t need help doing that, but there are other things where I do need help. The C’s, and actually there are three C’s here, is you maybe need a coach to help you change your mindset on how to overcome the things that you’re doing and get your messages right. I pay a coach every single month, and I’ve had one for the past four years. It’s made a huge difference. Where’s it making a difference? In my bottom line. In real dollars and cents. It’s part of that which has really helped me grow my business and become a better business person, a better coach, a better marketing consultant – better at all the things I need to do.


The second one is contracted. Maybe you need to have a contract employee or a virtual assistant. I have four virtual assistants that work with me all the time. They’ve really helped me to take down my workload so I can get more done in less time.


Then the third C of all three C’s is a consultant. Maybe you need to hire a temporary consultant to come in and help you set up systems. To help you learn how to do things so that you can systemize the way that you run your business, the way that you create communications, the way that you can generate more business.


Final Thoughts


So those are the things I want you to look at. Number one: Are you creating great content? Are you creating stuff that people are paying attention to, that are liking, sharing, and caring about? Number two: Are you consistently doing this? Are you doing it on a regular basis? Don’t give up too soon. Have you ever seen that graphic where one guy is digging and is getting to the diamond mine and gives up like an inch away, and the other guy hits it because he keeps digging. Well, I’m telling you two and a half years is a long time to dig, but I’m starting to see the results. Then the last C is the coach, a contract employee, or a consultant. Get help to help you make your business grow. Don’t try to do it all on your own. We all need help.


I am sure you have thoughts and comments on this subject. Comment below and share your experiences with Content, Consistency, and the other 3 “C”s!


To learn more about this and other topics on Internet Marketing, visit our podcast website at http://www.baconpodcast.com/podcasts/



Source: B2C

No comments:

Post a Comment